Friday, October 31, 2008

"Candy Gathering"

Tonight was Malachi's first Halloween. As Marc says "We do not participate in sataninstic trick or treating, we participate in candy gathering." We dressed him up as Charlie Brown and walked around Nana Sue and Papa D's neighborhood with his 6 cousins. He lasted about 20 minutes. It was a little chilly and past his bed time. We got some good pictures of the kids though. Micah and Jonathon were Iron Man. Laura and Jessi were Barbie princesses and little Jase was a lion. It was so cute.

Marc and I went to a 70's wedding theme Halloween party last week. I wore my mom's bridesmaid dress from the 70's and Marc wore a polyester suit. It was a murder mystery party which we had to figure out who killed the bride. It was a lot of fun. Marc's character "Ken Kruger" used to be in love with the bride. He introduced his friend (the groom) to the bride and they ended up falling in love. So, he no longer trusts women and is a womanizer. He had women hitting on him all night, it was funny. I was the sister to the bride who had always been in her shadows. My parents loved her more than me and was going to leave the entire inheritance to her. My character "Gina Giovanni" had a lot of motive, but I was not the killer. :( We had a blast.






1 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the Charlie Brown costume! What a great idea!!!
Someone in the online homeschool group just started a discussion about Halloween and how people who acknowledge it are defending Satan...kind of made me mad....I am glad you found a peaceable place with "candy gathering." ha ha.