Tuesday, November 18, 2008

103.6 degrees

Goop from the eyes, crud from the nose...these are the things that I have been dealing with. Malachi went to the doctor for the second time in 2 weeks yesterday. Apparently the first antibiotic did not do the trick. He has full blown ear and eye infection. Last night around midnight I discovered that he was burning up...103.6 temperature. We striped him down gave him a luke warm bath, which he loved (not). Gave him Tylenol and Motrin (per Heather) Poor Heather, She is our go to person in the middle of the night. Its not like she has her own FOUR children to deal with. She also has Marc and I calling for advice at an ungodly hour. I called the doctor again this morning beacuse he cannot keep the amoxicillin down. Yes we have also had to deal with projectile vomit. Hopefully he will be able to keep the new medicine down. I am waiting until he eats well before I give it to him. Fuss fuss fuss. OK I have to get back to my baby. Poor kid.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AW! sick infants are the worse thing in the world to have to deal with! I remember sitting in the chair in our living room with Noah or Katie sleeping on my chest all night...no fun! I pray it passes soon!!!

Krista said...

I am sorry he is sick. They are so pitiful when they are sick.. :(

Adam and Krista said...

hey! Kip has a cold too! No temp yet! I am praying for you guys! it is hard when they are sick and fussy! Love ya

Heather said...

Hey! Hope Malachi is feeling better. Don't worry about calling, I was still up anyway! Hope you all get some sleep tonight and that tomorrow is a better day!

Dewberry Discourse said...

I just hope Malachi's head stays warm until I can get his spiderman stocking cap to him! I think Heather actually loves the late night calls from her little brother asking for her advice--kind of a switch from former years! Malachi, you are so cute--even with red (brown?) eyes! Love, Nana Sue