Thursday, September 25, 2008

I can't wait to meet baby Justin!

Nothing much is going on around here. Everything that is exciting can be found on My sister-in-law's blog (Arwood adventures). Baby Justin has finally come home from the NICU. The Arwood's are so blessed to have such a large family. Growing up in a big family is an adventure every day. I love the fact that there is always someone to talk to, always someone at home.

Malachi went to the doctor on Tuesday. He did all of his tricks for the nurse, rolling over, smiling, holding objects, sitting up with help... They can't ever figure out why 2 small people would have such a large baby. He weighed in at 17lbs and 13oz. 26inches long. 75th percentile for height and weight. His large head is 44cm around. She did not compare that to anything, so I actually do not know if that is large compared to other babies. It sure does look big though. lol. He has started teething. He shoves things in his mouth and grunts really loud. It is no fun. I made sure with the nurse that keeping tylenol in his system at all times was ok. She assured me by stating that she thought that her daughter might have to have a liver transplant after their teething episode. I guess she gave her a lot of Tylenol! One thing that I love is the teether that you can put food into. It is a little mesh bag with a handle that he can hold. I put cold watermelon in it and he chews on that thing for 45 minutes. We have tried pears and carrots also. He likes them all.

We went out and bought a big boy car seat. He loves it. It was time for the change. He falls asleep faster in the new seat than he did in his tiny baby seat. Lugging around that baby carrier with a 17lb baby is no fun.

0 comments: