Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What an exciting vacation

Well...I have been unable to blog since the first day of vacation due to the internet being out. The power went out early Saturday morning, along with the cable and internet. (and did I mention that the air conditioner went out as well?) This is the story...

Early Saturday morning, around 3:30 a.m. something woke me up. I turned to Marc and said "I think that the power went out." He said, "No the power did not go out."

"Well, Maybe I just heard the air conditioner turn off. But, the lights went out, and I had the bathroom light on. Maybe you should go check the breaker. Did you lock the downstairs door?"

"Yes, I locked the downstairs door, go the sleep."

"It is going to be really hot in the morning if you don't..."

We were interrupted by Josh opening our bedroom door, "You need to call 911!" Josh said.

Marc said, "Why?"

"Just come look..."

I jumped out of the bed and called 911 even though I had no idea what I was going to say to the operator on the other line, because I had no idea what was going on. I just heard, "call 911."

Marc comes running back into the room and says, "Call 911 the transformer exploded and there is a fire."

Since it was 3:30 in the morning and my brain wasn't working all that properly I heard..."Call 911 the transformer is bleeding and there is a fire." So, I had to ask Marc to repeat himself.

I told the operator of the fire that I had not yet seen. You will see from the video what went down after that. Luckily none of the babies woke up during this fiasco. Thank goodness the power company restored power around 6:00am. We were still without cable and internet until about 5 pm.

It was all very exciting and thankfully we were there to man the fire. The transformer exploded again on Monday night when we were all trying to get ready to take pictures on the beach. The power company restored power by the time we had gotten home from eating out at Sea n Suds. We all said a little prayer that we would not have to be packing in the dark.

We had such an awesome time with our friends the Mayfield's and the Wright's. We wouldn't trade our time with them for anything! The beach was beautiful and we cannot wait until our next excursion!



0 comments: